Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I swore, One Fantasy League this year...

I pledged. I vowed. Things were going to be different this year...

One league.



I failed. I just finished my third fantasy draft of the year. Also, I signed up for the KSK Survival Pool this morning. Will Power? Never heard of him. Was that the Silver Surfer's alter-ego?

I hi-jacked a Chinese Food delivery vespa tonight to make it home in time for the final draft (money league, keeper league - Mr. Number One Luck Sang would understand).

Last year, this exact scenario blew up in my face - three leagues, and after week one I didn't even look at two of them. And I was out of the Survival Pool, before things even got started (damn, that Thursday Football Opening Night America Horse Caca!)*

And yet, here I am. Spread too thin . What is it that I can't say no to here?

I can't be alone on this. I want to know how indulgent your fantasy docket is? Post in the comments how many fantasy football leagues, NFL survival pools, bookies on speed dial, etc. etc. you've gotten yourself into this year.

And if a few people want to disclose that they also waste their time on Fantasy NASCAR, or better yet - an Oscar Pool, that would probably help too.

*Like every dedicated Football fan, I'm actually pumped that the NFL opens on Thursday. Make sure you have your picks and players set by kickoff!

Digg this
BallHype: hype it up!

13 comments:

www.wickedpissadude.com said...

Well I am not typically a Fantasy football player. Why? Because I SUCK AT IT!! However, this year, I got sucked into 2 leagues so far and I am looking at an Oscar pool or two!!

Where'd you find the pic? Talk about every guys dream three way.

http://www.wickedpissadude.com

Anonymous said...

One fantasy league, one survival pool. I usually overwhelm myself with multiple leagues, and promised that I wouldn't do it this year. Paying big money in the leagues and keeping my players distinct. Here's to a successful year.

j dot domingo said...

3 fantasy leagues - one with individual fucking defensive players - and one pick em league. not too bad.

also - norrin radd is silver surfer, but i think there was a starman named will payton.

i probably shouldn't've added that last part.

Anonymous said...

pathetic, I bet you help everyone move too. 3 leagues (Randy Moss in each), but the ESPN MOCK draft is an incredible thing. All the drafts you have time for, and none of the responsibility. It's like the Morning After Pill of Fantasy Sports. I musta done 6 Mock drafts. I'm a Mock-aholic.

mjsgoheels said...

Sadly I admit I just finished drafting my 6th fantasy team. They say the first step is to admit you have a problem right?

What's your favorite site for fantasy football? I think I like nfl.com the best. This is my 4th year and I think I've joined about all of them. I'm on five different sites this year.

Mike said...

@mjsgoheels ESPN.com is my favorite, really just because it's what I'm used to.

Anonymous said...

I am heading up a Ballhype fantasy football league on yahoo and that is going to be very fun, and I am also part of Cuzoogle's Pigskin picks. Besides that I am just blogging up a mess. :-)

Anonymous said...

Join the yoonew.com Survivor NFL League. Grand prize is $250.00 to use on our exchange on any team you'd like.

The league is filling up so join asap. Great league and if you need any info just email me at claudio@yoonew.com

Visit yoonewverse.com and forum.yoonew.com

Anonymous said...

I thought about being in one league. And I am. In one on ESPN, and one on CBS, and one in Yahoo Plus, and one + one + one + one + one more on regular yahoo.

Oh yeah, I am also in two in real life, but those don't count if you are a blogger, right?

And I am doing college fantasy as well. So much for telling the wife that this year it would be just about blogging and enjoying the games. LOL

AEM

Marina said...

1 league on Yahoo! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Melfi said...

i'm in 3 leagues. 2 espn leagues and 1 yahoo league. i feel like i could do about 3 more.

Neil Joshi said...

5 leagues for me, which means I'm probably goin to be rooting for every single player imaginable on Sundays

Chris said...

God I am in THREE! Why did I do that again. 2 on yahoo! and one on Fox. God help us all...