Monday, June 2, 2008

Wuchess.com goes live...


On WashingtonPost.com, Michael Arrington (founder of TechCrunch) writes:


"WuChess, a partnership between Wu-Tang Clan's RZA and ChessPark, a social network around online chess playing, launches today. It's the "world's first online chess and hip hop community" and will also include exclusive videos and mp3 of the "hottest cats in hip hop."


Like most people of inconsequential intelligent who grew up in the mid or late 90s, I celebrate the catalog of the RZA, the GZA, Ol' Dirty Bastard (may he rest in peace), et al.

In the same vein, I think I speak for most of the these people when I say that if it comes down to paying $48 bucks a year I'm content to stick with playing Scrabulous on Facebook.

Can't say I envy anyone trying to launch a niche social network these days.

RZA says he'll donate a large part of the revenue to the Hip Hop Chess Federation. Adisa Banjoko (CEO, HHCF) posted on the HHCF blog that they are currently looking for donations and sponsorship to hold the second annual Chess Kings Invitational.

The RZA himself currently holds the title. check it out:

Digg this
BallHype: hype it up!

No comments: