Up until about 1 p.m. I was having a complete bogey of a day...because I decided to go to the DMV this morning...because I'm a schmuck.
Then, I received an early birthday package from my good pal Hillary at Fitness Magazine, which included:
After pummeling Stallion for a while, I was good. Before that though, I was livid. The DMV wouldn't let me exchange my Connecticut license for a New York one because I didn't have with me proof of birth. Because w/o a birth certificate or passport in hand, you're presumed to be a hologram in the eyes of these dingos who work there. Proof of birth? OK, fine. Pinch me, rock me in the face if you want...in fact, why don't you call my mom and let her tell you what a bastard I was at age 15, I'm real dammit!
So now I've got the old man spending eight bucks to overnight me a birth certificate. Hard earned money he could spend on that Corona light he seems to enjoy so much...oh, and I get to go back to the DMV tomorrow...which is my actual birthday!
With this current sad state of affairs I'm dealing with over here, I decided to post links to what I perceived as the worst stuff going on around the sports blogosphere today:
- A-Rod Will Help Manny Celebrate 500 Homers: Ramirez, Rodriguez scripted irony is really not a good look for you
- Bill Simmons Creates a Blogger blog to really stick it to ESPN: Sort of like when Dirk Diggler went from doing high-endish porn to giving $10 olde fashioneds in the truck, no? (via deadspin)
- Tonya Harding Sells Bizarre Tale of Rape, Kidnapping...: I missed this cracker jack's interview about her book on The Today Show this morning because it's the DMV, they say you gotta be there early! guh!
- Syrian Blogger Sentenced to Three Years in Jail: bloggers being wrongfully imprisoned, I need this like I need rabies from a subway rat (via The Big Lead)
- Sir Charles is being sued for $400,000 in gambling debts: Well, I guess my day could be worse.