Thursday, January 31, 2008

Comparing Sports Social Content Sites

I've been all over a lot of these sports syndication sites recently. They're a great aggregator for what is going on online in the sports universe. I ran a quick compete.com comparison with my top-3 (BallHype.com, Yardbarker.com, ArmChairGM.com):



Personally, I thought BallHype would come out on top. It is definitely the site where I see pages by the most influential sports bloggers. Interestingly enough, FanIQ.com also came in at just under 100,000 monthly uniques (placing it above BallHype as well).

I hope to have widgets for all my profile pages from these sites up on this site sooner rather than later.

Digg this
BallHype: hype it up!

1 comment:

JG said...

Hey, Mike-

Yeah, thanks for your contributions on BallHype over the past couple of weeks--you've submitted a lot of good stuff.

I wish Compete (and Quantcast) did a better job of estimating traffic for sites of our size--they're way off on both absolute numbers and trend. Believe it or not, Alexa (skewed as it is) seems to provide the best approximation of our growth curve.

-JG